Hello everyone! It’s been two weeks since my last blog post, and as promised, I’m back today with another post. Life has been pretty crazy these past two weeks – visiting people, spending time with family and friends, and moving halfway across the US to Chicago to finish up our trip. We head home next week, and I must admit that I’m quite ready to go home to my own bed and go to my own church and not have to go and visit people every day. 😀 Not that I don’t like visiting people, but it will be nice to have a break. Except as soon as I get home I need to start the delightful task of searching for a job. Oh, and I want to start learning how to drive. So this summer is going to be busy! Anyways, enough with my rambling – let’s get onto the blog post! 😀
This week I was nominated for the Leibster Award by Grace from Proclaiming His Excellencies! Grace is a wonderful young lady, and I’ve had the privilege to get to know her through her the YWW as well as through her blog. Her family are going to be heading to East Africa as missionaries next week, and I’m excited to follow her journey and see what God does through them. So thanks for nominating me for the Leibster Award, Grace!! 🙂
Here are the rules:
• Acknowledge the blog that nominated you for the award
• Answer the questions they gave you
• Give 11 fun facts about yourself
• Give them 11 questions to answer
• Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award
Okey-doke, so here are Grace’s questions…
- Favorite State/country you’ve visited? – Man, I’ve visited so many amazing places, I’m not sure I can pick a favourite! But seeing as I’ve just been there, I must say Oregon. Not only does it hold a place in my heart because my family lives there, but it is just an absolutely gorgeous state! Forests and mountains and desert and rivers – seriously it is absolutely stunning. Oh and the beaches…! My heart can’t take the beauty. 😀
- Favorite Bible verse? – I struggle with this question because I simply can’t pick one favourite Bible verse. However, I’ll highlight 2 Corinthians 4: 7-11, 16-18, as these verses have been especially close to my heart in these past few weeks.
“But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh…. So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.”
- If you could visit any fictional place, what would it be? – I would probably have to go for Narnia, simply because of Lewis’s amazing world building through out the series.
- What was the last movie you watched, and on a scale of 1-10 rate it. – I believe it was The Princess and the Frog by Disney. And I didn’t really enjoy it. It was surprisingly dark for a kids movie, full of black magic and voodoo type stuff! I’d probably only give it a 3, simply because I didn’t appreciate the undercurrent of evil and darkness that ran through the movie.
- Favourite childhood band? – When I think of the music I listened to as a kid, my mind automatically goes to Colin Buchanan, an Australian singer whose music was a staple in my house growing up. I can still sing word for word many of his songs, we listened to them so much!
- What genre do you love to read? – Any long time reader of my blog will immediately know my answer to this question. 😀 Historical fiction has always held a very special place in my heart, and I devour it as fast as I can get my hands on it.
- Favourite way to eat potatoes? – Probably roasted. My mum makes the best roasted potatoes – crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and delightfully seasoned all over. Yum! 😀
- A favourite attribute of God? – God’s grace is one of his attributes that I’ve been reminded about again and again over the course of my life. He’s so good and loves to give grace to us when we stumble. I find it so comforting to know that I have a God who looks at me with love and gives me grace no matter how many times I fail him.
- Dream car? – I can’t say that I’m exactly the type to dream about my future cars. 😀 In fact, I’m currently just dreaming about learning to drive. So at this point any car that I can call my own is pretty much my dream car. 😀 But I guess a blue car would be nice in terms of ‘dream car’.
- Favourite artist? – By artist I’m assuming you mean painter. And my favourite painter has to be Mary Cassatt. I wrote a multi-genre research paper about her last year, and in the process totally fell in love with her style of painting and the story of her life. Do me a favour and go look up some of her work – I promise it will be time well spent!
- A favourite TV show? – Well, my family doesn’t have a TV, so we are kind of limited in the TV shows that we watch. The one that we watch the most though is called Counting On, about the Duggar family. We’ve enjoyed watching the Duggars for years, as they are pretty similar to us – Christians, home schoolers, and a large family, though their version of large is pretty different to ours! 😀 The show is good fun to watch, and our whole family enjoys seeing what they get up to.
Thanks for the questions, Grace, they were fun! 🙂 Now for 11 fun facts about myself…
- My favourite beverage is water. Seriously. I drink water pretty much as constantly as I can. And more when I’m sick. 😀
- When I was a kid, my dream job was to own a horse farm.
- As of next week, I will have been on 22 transatlantic flights during the course of my life.
- I can do this weird thing where I turn my toes underneath my feet and then walk on the knuckles of my toes. I didn’t think it was weird until I found out that pretty much nobody can do that. Maybe I’m double jointed in my toes or something? 😀
- I have never been farther west than the Pacific coast of Oregon, or farther east than Italy.
- I am the only left-handed member of my immediate family.
- I’m an ENFP.
- I can touch type at a pretty tolerable speed, thanks to a typing program that I endured during several years of homeschooling. Can’t say that I enjoyed the program at the time, but I enjoy being able to type well now! 😀
- Despite having a deep love for writing, I never can seem to keep up with a journal. It’s one of my ‘I-wish-I-could-do-this’ type of dreams to keep up with a journal consistently. Buuuut, I need to actually start trying one of these days. 😀
- I am a night owl at heart – give me a good book and I will happily stay up to the wee hours of the morning every day of the week.
- I put up a new ‘About the Writer’ page just last week! You can check it out here.
Now to nominate 11 other bloggers…
Bethany from The Treasure Within
Ruqs from Many Things Bookish
Maggie from Dreaming of Guatemala
Grace from Tizzie’s Tidbits of Truth
Charis from Charis Rae
Meghan from The Auburn Writer
Bethany from Behind the Pen
Julia from The Barefoot Gal
Sarah from Defy Augury
Abby from When Words Fly
Sarah from The Introverted Extrovert
And here are your questions!
- Who/what inspires you the most?
- What is the best book you have read this year?
- What’s been your favourite moment of your week?
- Who/what made you laugh today?
- If you could be hired tomorrow, what job would it be for and why?
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- Would you rather be an only child or have 10 siblings?
- Where would you prefer to holiday – an apartment in a city full of history, or a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere?
- What is your favourite thing to blog about?
- If you could meet one person from history, who would it be and why?
- Favourite ice cream flavour?
Well, that wraps up this edition of the Leibster Award for The Way of Delight… Thank you again Grace, I had fun answering all your questions! And I hope all my readers enjoyed getting to know me a bit more… 😉 I’ll be back in a fortnight, and then I hope to take weekly blogging back up again after that. See y’all then! 🙂