I don’t know about you, but March has been insane for me. We’re barely two weeks in, and somehow it already feels like I’ve lived a couple of months worth of highs and lows in the past 14 days! Particularly in the past 72 hours with the whole Covid-19 pandemic affecting my area, it’s been hard to see the good in life through all the stress of the current circumstances.
However, though life is stressful and crazy and the future is scary, I am being constantly reminded that God is oh so good through it all! He is faithful and in control and what a privilege it is to put everything into his hands and trust his plan. Today I am choosing to see the good in the midst of stress – to focus on the delights that this month has brought me instead of being overwhelmed by the craziness. And I thought that I would share some of these delights with you! So may I give to you… March delights:
- Celebrating my 19th birthday with video chats with family, ice cream and bookstore wanderings, Polaroid pictures and friends and community worship.
- Mail that brings letters and drawings from my little sisters and cards from my Mama – little tastes of home sent with love from 5000 miles away.
- Trees blossoming pink and white and green all around campus – bursts of color for the first time since the flames of Autumn faded.
- Sunshine! Oh so much sunshine. It has warmed my heart and body and brought with it picnics and dresses and afternoon naps in puddles of warmth.
- Dancing with friends at Spring Formal, all dressed up and laughing and crazy photo booth pictures and dancing some more.
- Time change that has brought lighter evenings with gorgeous sunsets streaking the sky to feast our eyes on during dinner.
- Naps. Lots of naps. Need I say more? 😀
- Extended deadlines for projects and being productive and conversations with professors and classmates about random but important topics like female oppression and election – what a blessing this university life is!
- Did I mention just how much sunshine delights my soul? After a winter of rain and early darkness, it feels like the brightness of the sun is breathing new life into me!
- Late night conversations with ice cream and laughter and cuddle puddles galore.
- Waking up to find that a random snowstorm had left the world covered in white. And then it melted by lunchtime leaving the world sunny and blooming once again.
- Hearing that I’ve been hired to do a leadership job on campus next year. I get to do what I love to do and would want to do even without being hired – and now I get paid for it! How awesome is that?!
- My sister visiting campus and getting to finally see what my life over in this corner of the world is really like. And being able to hug her whenever I want. My heart is warmed by her presence.
And that’s just a little glimpse into the delights that this crazy month has brought me! Whatever you may be going through right now, I hope this has encouraged you to see the good in your circumstances. God is so good, and I’m grateful to experience his graciousness every day!
What have been some of the delights that March has brought to you? I’d love to hear about them!