Here are the rules for this award:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- List 11 random fact about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers who you think are deserving of this award (with less than 200 followers).
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Okey-doke, here are the answers to the questions!
- Do you have a pet? – Yes, I do! I have two rabbits named Sandy and Sleepy that are very old, but still very cute. 😀
- Favourite topic to blog about? – It’s probably a tie between sharing my favourite books, and sharing my favourite pieces of writing. And since that is what my blog is about, it’s a good thing I like doing that! 😀
- What’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? – Well if I’m in an unhealthy mood, I love a good cinnamon roll… Mmm! But if I’m trying to be healthy, I really like having fruit smoothies!
- What is your favorite school subject and why? – It’s a dead-on tie between History and English. I’ve loved history for as long as I can remember – something about all the stories hidden in the past just waiting to be discovered thrills me! But then I absolutely love putting those stories down into writing – i.e. English. Writing gives me a huge amount of joy, and learning how to write better is something that I’m trying to work at. So I guess I’ll just just leave it at that – History and English, my two favourite subjects. ❤
- What’s your favorite colour? – Blue, all the way! I love pretty much every shade and variation of that frabjous colour. 😀
- Favorite song? – Ok, now that’s hard!! Just one song?? I like so many different types of music! But I guess if I narrow it down to my favourite Christian song (since that is the genre I listen to most) and even further down to ones we sing at my Church, that leaves me with… still a very large pool of songs. 😀 I guess I’ll just go with one of my favourites. Which would be ‘This is Amazing Grace’ by Phil Wickham. I really love that song a lot! The message is so true and so encouraging!
- Do you like sports? If so which ones? – By like, do you mean to play or to watch? I guess I’ll do both. I’m not really a hugely sporty girl, but to play, I enjoy swimming and martial arts. To watch, I love gymnastics and figure skating.
- What’s the strangest place you’ve ever been? – Strangest? Ummm… Strange situationally or strange geographically? I’ve been to lots of random places, but I’m not sure if they count as strange. But would the engine room of a ship count as strange? That was pretty interesting but in a randomly strange way. 😀
- Favorite fruit? – Oooh, again, that’s a hard one! I will have to say peaches. Because seriously, can any fruit be better than a warm-from-the-sun, juicy, sweet peach?? Mmmm…
- Do you like to be hot or cold better? – I would say hot. Because that means it’s more likely to be summer, and I love summer!! But not super-duper hot, and not humid. I like around 25 degrees Celcius (which is pretty hot for England) ( that would be 77 Fahrenheit for my American readers) with low humidity.
- Why did you start your blog? – Well, I wanted a place where I could share my writing with others, but also something that would keep me writing on a consistent basis. And a blog fit the bill!
- What is your favorite season? – SUMMER!!! I love the warmth and the sunshine and the freedom of cool dresses and bare feet. Plus the fact that everything is alive and that there is no school stress, just relaxing to be done! I love pretty much everything about summer! ❤
- Coffee or tea? – Well I don’t drink either. But I love the smell of coffee, and I sometimes drink herbal teas. But that gets me to an even position again. Soooo… both..? 😛
- If you could go one place in the world where would it be? – This might seem kind of mundane, but I would absolutely love to travel around the East coast and down to the South of the US. There is so much history down there, and I would love to see all the places I’ve read about in my history textbooks. Especially all the places involved in the Civil War!
- What’s your best article/story you’ve ever written? – I think a story that won honorable mention in a contest was probably one of my best. I might post it on here one day! 😉
- Dream vacation spot? – A beach in a warm place. Preferably with turquoise waters, pearly sands and shimmering sunshine.
- Why do you write? – Because I love it. Writing gives me joy and satisfaction, it poses a challenge and it draws me to it. It’s something that has become more and more a part of myself as the years have gone on.
- Do you read mostly in the Old Testament or New Testament? – I try to read a good mixture of both! I’m aiming to read the Bible through at least once this year. I’ve been in the NT for the past couple months, but I’ve just recently come back into the OT for a nice dosage of some prophets – Isaiah to be precise!
- The Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit? (books or movies) – I know that probably most my readers are going to recoil in horror at my answer, but… neither. Because I haven’t read or watched either yet! It’s on my list of ‘things I will do someday in the future’. And I will do it… one day in the future. 😀
- ‘If you could make a cake in whatever flavor you wanted, what would it be? – Something peanut-buttery. My family is conflicted over the subject of peanut butter – some like it, some love it, and some vehemently hate it. So even though I love it, I’ve never made a peanut-butter-something cake because there are too many people to shout the idea down. But I have loads of recipes on Pinterest that I would love to try! That’s another thing on my ‘things I will do someday in the future’ list. 😀
- What’s your least favorite holiday, and why? – Probably Halloween. It saddens me to see people celebrating darkness and evil. (For you Americans – in England the dark side of it is a lot more pronounced here than over there.)
- Who is your hero? – Jesus. He is the one person who I would love to completely and utterly copy every action and thought from. And that’s what I’m trying to do, though I fail more often than not. It’s a good thing he is overflowing with grace and love for fallen people like us!
11 Facts About Me:
- I’ve read 122 books so far this year.
- I have never been to school in my life. (#homeschooled :D)
- I play guitar and bass guitar.
- One of my best friends lives over 4000 miles away from me.
- I’ve lived in 6 different houses in my 16 years.
- I witnessed the birth of my youngest sibling.
- I do not own a phone.
- I have two passports – one English, and one American!
- Chocolate chip cookie dough is one of the best things ever. 😛
- My current WIP story/book that I’ve been writing is just over 25,000 words long.
- I am going to Holland for two weeks tomorrow! (posts will be scheduled, but no comments will be moderated until I return.)
And now for the people to nominate… I’m going to nominate:
Due to lack of time to find people that haven’t done it yet, I’m opening this award to anyone who reads this post and wants to do it – either in the comments or on your blog! Have fun! 🙂
Here are your questions:
- What are your top 3 favourite books?
- How do you like your eggs – fried, scrambled, or other?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Would you rather live for the rest of your life without pillows or without blankets?
- If you could meet any author from any time – past or present, who would it be and why?
- What is your favourite joke?
- Introvert or Extrovert?
- What is your favourite thing to write (e.g. – fiction, non-fiction, poetry, etc)
- What is your dream job?
- If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future? Why?
- What is your favourite holiday, and why?
Okey-doke, that’s it for this week. Thanks for sticking with me through this very long post! 🙂