Hey guys! Ok, first big announcement… THE SUN IS OUT. If you happen to live in the UK right now, this is huge because it’s been non stop rainy and dreary and grey and awful seemingly since June began. So the fact that the sun is actually showing its face for 30 minutes is rather momentous.
That’s it for the announcements. xD The fact that the sun shining is literally the biggest thing that’s happened all week is slightly sad hehe. Actually the week has been fine and there have been many enjoyable bits. However most of it has been overshadowed by said rain, as well as mountains of stress as my graduation deadline is looming ever larger. It’s 3 weeks from today, and that is simultaneously the most exciting and the most terrifying thing ever.
Anyways, I’m sure you’d much rather me stop rambling about rain and graduation and get on with my post for today…. 😀 I’ve decided to break up the pattern of poetry that’s been going on recently around here, and have fun with a tag/award/thing… Sooo, let’s do it!
Right, so I’ve been nominated by Anita from A Prairie Girl’s Pen for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is a fun little thing that basically means you get to know bloggers a little bit more and discover fun new blogs. It’s great! 😀 Thanks so much for the nomination, Anita! 🙂
Here’s how it’s meant to go down…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. (done! :D)
- Display your award. (I have neither the time nor the talent to create my own award graphic, so you’re going to have to imagine one xD)
- Answer the questions you were asked.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers.
- Ask 6 new questions.
- Let our nominees know they were nominated and give them a link to your post.
My Questions from Anita
- What is the first book that truly inspired you in your walk with the Lord?
To be very honest, I can’t remember exactly… My childhood was absolutely saturated with amazing books, many of which encouraged me in my faith and spurred me on to love Jesus more. But since I can’t just leave my answer at that, I will just highlight one series of books called Christian Heroes: Then and Now. As a kid I absolutely loved these books. We were given practically the whole series (which is like 40 odd books) when I was… idk… probably about 10, and man, are they good! Learning about the lives of so many heroes of my faith really inspired me when I read them. This series was actually quite instrumental in solidifying my desire to be a missionary one day, as I was able to devour many stories of missionaries that have served God over the years. This series still holds a special place in my heart and I really recommend it!
2. What is the longest Bible passage you have ever memorized?
I think that would probably have to be Psalm 139…? I’ve been really blessed to have been encouraged to memorize many Bible passages over the course of my life. I know a bunch of Psalms off by heart, as well as quite a few passages from Paul’s epistles and other books. But I think the longest verse wise would have to be Psalm 139 (it’s a great psalm btw! xD)
3. Who are three bloggers that you admire?
Hmmmm…. how about:
- Lydia from Noveltea – because her book reviews are super well done, her reading lifestyle posts are so fun and I just love hearing about her author-ly life in all its facets. 🙂
- Mrs Del Boccio from Jarm Del Boccio – because she’s super consistent and I’ve loved following along on her debut author journey!
- Essie from Essie Writes Poetry – because her poetry is freaking amazing and she’s writing 365 poems THIS year and she’s absolutely killing itttt!
4. What is one of your biggest dreams?
I have a lot of dreams. xD But if if I were to combine them all into a cohesive picture it would look a lot like…. living in a whimsical home beside the ocean with a nestful of children, writing books and poetry in my spare time and serving the God I love full time in whatever situation he places me in. It’s a good dream. 🙂
5. Are you a coffee lover? If so, what is your favorite coffee shop? If not, what is your favorite drink?
I’m afraid I’m going to have to drop the small bomb that I am not a coffee lover. I know. It’s sad. I hugely enjoy the smell of coffee and the aura of coffee shops, don’t get me wrong. But just don’t like the taste of it. So since I failed that coffee question, I’ll go for the next one… xD And in all honesty, my favourite drink is water. Water is life, water is health, water is goodness. And I like it. xD So there ya go. (yes I’m boring like that sorry)
At this point I should be nominating people… Unfortunately, I don’t have a very wide circle of blogging acquaintances, and I just tagged most of the ones I do have in the book lover tag. So in order to avoid being annoying I’m just going to be slightly boring (again) and nominate…
Anyone who would like to answer my questions! 😀
Which questions you might be asking….?
These questions! xD
- What’s the inspiration behind your blog’s name?
- If you had to choose 1 color to represent your personality, what would it be and why?
- What is the best non-fiction book you’ve read in the last year?
- What song have you have had on repeat recently?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What fictional character are you most like?
So if you would like to answer these questions, please, please consider yourself nominated! And let me know if you answer them – I’d love to read them! 🙂
That’s it for today! Now back to the daily grind of endless science and English… See ya next week! 😉
Let’s chat in the comments! I’d love to hear your answers to any of my questions. 🙂